Mughal India and Safavid Iran kissing.
(and yes that is their names in Persian. My class is going swimmingly.)
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
I kind of liked the Three Kings Saga, despite the absence of Kuwabara. I thought it worked as a continuation of what Sensui had been getting at about Spirit World being full of lies. Does this mean it didn’t need work? Oh hell no. It could have been set up earlier and better. (How did Raizen get so many Rurmari stones? Did he have a taxation policy in place? What funded Yomi’s industrialization project? How did Mukuro develop those nifty regeneration tubes? What is society like in each of their territories? So many questions.)
But what we got, I liked.
So I decided to draw a little bit of Yomi teasing Kurama. A lot of fic shows Kurama’s time there as being much more constricted/frightening than what I gathered. If anything, Yomi’s more of a little shit than predatory. (I rewatched a scene from episode 102 and one thing I said was “Easy there, Joffrey.”)
Yomi is referring to the ghouls of Arab folklore and that is a book of Tamil poetry that Kurama dropped. (Yomi’s kingdom/capital city is named Gandara, which sounds a lot like the ancient kingdom of Gandhara, which was located in the Swat Valley near the modern city of Peshawar, Pakistan.) I kind of wondered how far Spirit World went with separating the worlds, but I can believe they went all the way, including non-threatening entities from other parts of the world.
The poem reads (according to aph-hiranya, who is fluent in Tamil):
“With you, the world shrinks down to our size, the two of us! The love for one another that we spend sweeten the passing moments! Your eyes are enough to beautify all around me and within me.”
Despite my fondness for the ship, this was unintentional.
Did anyone else think Botan had something of a crush on Keiko?
I did during my rewatch, given how highly Botan spoke of her.
(They end up seeing Beta and goofing around to Dhak Dhak Karne Laga, since Yu Yu Hakusho is apparently set in the 1990s and Madhuri Dixit is a treasure.)
Inspired by listening to Gun Gun Guna Re from the newer version of Agneepath.
I just thought it’d be cute because the song seems to be about making a depressed pessimist enjoy life… too bad Iran’s not a big fan of the sun mask.
I rewatched Yu Yu Hakusho at the end of July and beginning of August. It was my favorite anime when I was little.
And like many girls, Kurama was my favorite. So I drew him, and then I played with the lineart and recolored him because the first wasn’t vibrant enough for me. (Or the right colors tbh)
You can play Spot The Differences with it, if you like.
If you ever wanna draw something for me. Draw my OCs, I love them a lot.